Pumpkin season is here and I have a toddler that’s excited to do all the fun activities! We started our pumpkin play unit off with a simple activity. I had seen this activity floating around Instagram last year but we never tried it out. Our pumpkins from the parch were nice and dirty though so this activity seemed like the perfect way to engage my toddler and clean our pumpkins Read on below for all the pumpkin bath details!
- Dish brush
- Dish soap
- Pick a workspace that can get wet. We used the kitchen floor but other options are the bathtub or outside. I put towels down for even easier clean up.
- Fill a bin with soapy water. Add your washing tools (brushes, sponges, cloths, etc.)
- Show your little one how to wash the dirt off the pumpkins. We did one at a time but you could do more than one (especially if you have multiple kiddos!).
- When finished, rinse off the pumpkins and set them aside to dry.
- Your pumpkins are now clean and ready for decorating and play time!
Check out my Instagram for even more activities involving pumpkins!